Beijing Jiaotong University Chinese Government Scholarship "Silk Road" Program Application Guide
I. Introduction of Scholarship
Established by the Chinese Ministry of Education, the program supports international students from countries along the Belt and Road to pursue undergraduate and master's degrees in China.
Financial support: exemption of registration fee, tuition fee, laboratory fee and basic internship fee; on-campus accommodation; comprehensive medical insurance for international students; living expenses (RMB 2500/month for undergraduate students and RMB 3000/month for master students).
Recipients must pass a review each year to continue to be eligible for the scholarship.
II. Application Requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizens (from countries along the "Belt and Road"), in good health.
2. Education and age requirements.
(1) Applicants for bachelor's degree must have a high school degree and be no more than 25 years old.
(2) Applicants for master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be no more than 35 years old.
3. Language requirements:
(1) For Chinese taught majors, applicants must meet any of the following Chinese language standards.
A score of 180 or higher on the HSK5 within the last two years;
Have studied a complete academic program in Chinese within the last five years and received an academic certificate.
(2) For English-taught majors, English proficiency must meet any one of the following.
IELTS score of 6.0 or above (inclusive) or TOEFL score of 80 or above (inclusive) within the last two years;
Have studied a complete academic program in English within the last five years and have received an academic certificate.
III. Available Programs
Electrical Engineering and Automation
Traffic and Transportation
Logistics Engineering and Management
IV. Application Procedure
1. Complete the application procedure at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System ( http://www.campuschina.org) (Program Category Type B, BJTU Agency Number: 10004).
2. Complete the application procedure at BJTU International Student Service System (https://bjtu.17gz.org), and pay the application fee.
V. Application Materials
1. Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form
2. Personal Information Page of Passport
3. Notarized original and Chinese/English translation of the highest education certificate
4. Notarized original transcripts of highest education and Chinese/English translation
5. Proof of language proficiency
6. Study plan
7. Personal resume
8. Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors (with signature and contact information) (required for the program)
9. Letter of acceptance from the supervisor (not required, can download the template from the official website or provided by the supervisor)
10. Medical Examination Form for Foreigners (valid within six months from the date of application)
11. Certificate of no criminal record (valid within six months from the date of application)