This is a 4 years program (5 years for architecture). Courses are taught in Chinese. International students and Chinese students have class together. Candidates have to complete the courses, passing the graduation thesis and oral defense in order to get the Bachelor Diploma.
II. How to Apply
1. Admission Requirement
(1) Foreign citizens. If the applicant was a Chinese citizen before, then he/she must has hold the foreign passport for more than 4 years (including four years) and the actual time residing in foreign countries in the latest four years should be more than 2 years (according to the exit and entry record, and 9 months is accounted as one year) in order to qualify as an applicant;
(2) Applicant must be in good health and abide to the laws and regulations;
(3) Have high school diploma;
(4) Applicant generally needs to be at least 18 years old and less than 25 years old. (Please provide material of the guardian if the applicant is under the age of 18, for procedure of guardian please refers to the FAQ).
2. Application Materials
(1) Application Form for Degree Students to Study at Beijing Jiaotong University (Filled online);
(2) High School Diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (original or the notarized copy);
(3) Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details;
(4) Eight 2 inch photos with white background or digital photo (minimum 640*480 pixels)
3. Application Procedure
The deadline for submitting the Application Form, supplement application materials and to pay the application fee is June 30th every year. (Apply on http://study.bjtu.edu.cn).
If admitted, BJTU will provide the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW202) in two weeks (average processing time) after the application deadline or earlier if you submit application before the deadline. Successful applicants can apply for the Visa for Study in China with the above-mentioned materials and Health Certificate (valid for 6 months, pay attention to the time of physical examination).
4. Fees (RMB)
Application Fee: 500 RMB/ person (nonrefundable);
Tuition: 22,000RMB yuan/year
Insurance Premium: 600 RMB /person per year